Hybrid View

Re: Latest comissioning

That will be the Liquid Pump Differential gauge lines!
    As to any others- Hey>
    I am only human.
    You Nordic chaps do like to cram in a lot. I have a site I have been involved with recently where the Danish Consultant has never heard of "Best Practice".

Not you or your colleagues, my friend.
    Grizzly

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    As to any others- Hey>
    I am only human.
    You Nordic chaps do like to cram in a lot. I have a site I have been involved with recently where the Danish Consultant has never heard of "Best Practice".

Grizzly
    I give, those had to be re done because the insulating crew stepped all over them

However there was a major rebuild that had to be done because it wasn't safe for the operation of the system

a hint, it has to do with the economizer
    -Cheers-

Tycho

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I give, those had to be re done because the insulating crew stepped all over them

However there was a major rebuild that had to be done because it wasn't safe for the operation of the system

a hint, it has to do with the economizer
    Could it be no pressure regulator on economiser suction to compressor?
    Can only see ICS with EVM.
    Or is it something to do with isolation of subcooled liquid & small non return valve to allow for expansion of cold liquid?
    Last edited by RANGER1; 02-11-2015 at 11:03 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    As to any others- Hey>
    I am only human.

Grizzly
    hahaha, you should tell the danish guy to stop being danish and do it the Norwegian/proper way
    -Cheers-

Tycho

Blog Entries

oh and I just got a phone call from the ship owner that the insulation guys drilled a hole in an ammonia pipe...

this is still a mystery to me, if you are working with drilling holes in 0.5mm steel, how do you manage to drill a hole in a 4.5mm black steel pipe???

it has happened to me twice in two months and I am still baffled
    -Cheers-

Tycho

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    oh and I just got a phone call from the ship owner that the insulation guys drilled a hole in an ammonia pipe...

this is still a mystery to me, if you are working with drilling holes in 0.5mm steel, how do you manage to drill a hole in a 4.5mm black steel pipe???

Not me drilling a hole in a pipe, but insulation guys same thing happened in las palmas, the guy drilled a hole in the main return line and taped over it with aluminum tape. luckily I had just started the system and pulled down the pressure, but it took me 6 hours to get the line closed of (23 plate freezers) and the pressure down so it could be welded
    -Cheers-

Tycho

Norwegian guys ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Føroyar View Post

Norwegian guys ?
    I'm Norwegian, the owner is Norwegian, and while I was on the plane back home I got a call from the ship owner
    where he sounded panicky, rightfully so,because some dumbass guy working for the insulation company maaged to drill a hole in in a pipe leading to the discharge (pilot receiver)... lucky for them, I had emptied the discharge side of the plant into the low pressure side of the system, so it had low pressure.
    Also the crew on board knew what to do.

Førøyar guy, probably, all the guys that made the problem were guys from the feroe islands
    -Cheers-

Tycho