Hybrid View

Re: Recharjing AC from the R22 recovery bottle

What was the reason for the refrigerant being removed from the unit? was there a fault or did the outdoor or indoor unit have to be relocated. Just wondering if there has been a change in the pipework length, or if there could be a problem with the unit.

When the person recovered the refrigerant from the unit, was the bottle completely empty?

It looks like your suction superheat is about 32 Deg C. (See Brian's post)
    And that your highside pressure is lower than I would expect for that ambient.
    Last edited by seanf; 08-08-2022 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seanf View Post
    What was the reason for the refrigerant being removed from the unit? was there a fault or did the outdoor or indoor unit have to be relocated. Just wondering if there has been a change in the pipework length, or if there could be a problem with the unit.

When the person recovered the refrigerant from the unit, was the bottle completely empty?

It looks like your suction superheat is about 38 Deg C. (See Brian's post)
    And that your high side pressure is lower than I would expect for that ambient.
    Hello seanf, the refrigerant was never removed from the unit. I did not do any pipe work. I just realized my air conditioner is not cooling my home enough. I purchased the used R22 recovery bottle with some R22 and I used it to charge my IC via the manifold with two gauges, blue, red and yellow hoses I also purchased.
    Last edited by piezomot; 08-08-2022 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by piezomot View Post
    Hello seanf, the refrigerant was never removed from the unit. I did not do any pipe work. I just realized my air conditioner is not cooling my home enough. I purchased the used R22 recovery bottle with some R22 and I used it to charge my IC via the manifold with two gauges, blue, red and yellow hoses I also purchased.
    It sort of sounds like the unit could have lost some refrigerant, if that is the problem youd be better off having someone do leak checking and repairs for you. Probably safer and cheaper than doing it yourself.

I wouldnt rule out there being a different fault with the unit.
    Last edited by seanf; 08-08-2022 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seanf View Post
    It sort of sounds like the unit could have lost some refrigerant, if that is the problem youd be better off having someone do leak checking and repairs for you. Probably safer and cheaper than doing it yourself.

I wouldnt rule out there being a different fault with the unit.
    I live in a small town and nobody is around and the AC people do not want to drive 100 km for that little job from the big city. I have to learn and do it myself now.