Quote Originally Posted by Reptile View Post
Not sure on most of those, but its a modern house and it is not tripping the RCD. It is a UK pump, new.

Changed the oil (even though it had only done 1 evac), and it was still doing it later on when the sun had gone. Tripped after 15 mins, shut down, obviously reduced vac as the line was still open, and then restarted itself after 5 mins! Was too hot to touch.

Is that knackered too? Still confused about the vacuuming. Exactly the same symptoms on all 3 of mine.

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but for the sake of it, I'll detail it. Not that I expect any responses, either that or I'll make an utter berk of myself - maybe Brian will reply then

I always start by opening the little knob thing for 2 mins, then closing. Vac for 1 hour or so. Using the 1/4" port on the pump that fits my pipes... other 2 capped with plastic cap things... winding handle fully open... Using various pipes - tried them all, mainly pipes from my manifold / nitrogen kit. All installs fully pressure tested.

Using any of the following:

Method 1: Vac pump to centre port of manifold, high side closed, low side open. Low side port to "vac" port of VG64. "aux" port of VG64 (inline) to service valve of outdoor unit.

Method 2: Vac pump to centre port of manifold, high side closed, low side open. Low side port to service valve of outdoor unit. VG64 "vac" port connected to extra port on centre port of manifold (not inline).

Method 3: Vac pump to VG64 (inline) to service valve of outdoor unit.

All methods get down to 300-400 microns and then stop. But wind the pump in, with it still running, and it shoots up to 1000-1200 microns, no matter how long its been going. Then it rises very slowly - 50 microns every few mins.

How on earth do people get it to hold 500 microns?

As I say, tested my pump just to the "vac" port of the VG64, and it does exactly the same, so nothing to do with my installs I'm guessing.

Done now anyway.... but would still like to know.

Regards

Monkeyspanners, I would suspect heat, but it happened later on too, in the shade. Don't fancy another forum battle now, its done anyway. Whenever it happened it vac'd right back down to circa 350 anyway... :s
You got answer to these questions 3 days ago:

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.co...07&postcount=5