Hybrid View

Re: Beat This Then !!

I think its a 2c unit and yes still get parts but very expensive. Halls owned bitzer at one point also owned vent axia and lots of other companies. then they went into partnership with APV who sold us in bits to others (.

Hi OGB, I was thinking it might be Methyl Chloride, but if so it will have been retro'd on to R12 years ago. The firm I worked for stopped carrying MC on van stock in 1968. This looks to be 1955/1965 ?

Cheers,
    Trevor

Quote Originally Posted by HallsEngineer View Post
    I think its a 2c unit and yes still get parts but very expensive. Halls owned bitzer at one point also owned vent axia and lots of other companies. then they went into partnership with APV who sold us in bits to others (.

I don't think Halls owned Bitzer, but they did sell Bitzer compressors under there name before Bitzer had an agency in the UK.

I thought it was a stern unit. Also worked on a few of these with Bitzer plates on them and the Fridgedaire units, No2 to No5 bodies, all on small cold rooms.

Have to say they were an antique when I worked on them nearlt 20 years ago.

Kind Regards Andy
    If you can't fix it leave it that no one else will:rolleyes:

this is a bit before my time but my older brother says halls c2 or b2 as the pic. shows no clues. i have worked on similar whilst serving my time, in a butchers shop years ago, but methal chloride is way before my involvement with refrigerants and i can only assume r12.
    good pic. thanks.
    Takes a licking, keeps on ticking.