hello all i am a refrigeration mechanic from australia and do alot of work on commercial airconditioning but have never seen or worked on any transport refrigeration gear

i have a customer who has the back of a truck at his house that is refrigerated by a thermoking unit

inside it has 2 evaporators and he wants 1 of them moved about 3-5 metres from its current location inside the back of the truck

is it as simple as just pumping down the unit, extending the pipes and all electrical connections or is there something else i should know?

can these units be pumped down like any regular unit so that i can cut the pipes going into the evaporator?

the evaporators have 3 pipes going into them, i would assume one is a hot gas defrost?

will extending the cables effect anything such as the thermostat probes which will obviously also have to be extended??

thanks for any help, the reason for so many questions is that i will be approx 800km when working on this unit so i need to be prepared as i cannot get parts easily

thanks anthony