Hybrid View

Re: Hot Compressor after working for several days

id go 1 furthur and change the ptc relay the klixon is probably internal as its on r600-as both parts are cheap and may cure your predicament- otherwise the intermittant faul will rear its ugly head more frequently and then it would be easier to diagnose-but in the meantime id moniter running current,start current- test the windings -insulation-check any condenser fan isnt failing causing the overheat problem too
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeref View Post
    May i just add my Threepence worth here. Calling a fridgie when all is working well with your fridge, is not going to solve the problem .
    This is like taking your car to the garage because of an intermittent fault with cruise control, or some rattle that just won't show up when the mechanic takes the vehicle for a test drive... been there... done that.

Until the fault actually re-occurs constantly,then it would be very difficult for anyone to precisely diagnose the cause of your fridge problem.
    That is why i am saying, swap out the compressor capacitor and give that a try. Any of the two wires can go to original cap placements on the relay, without any drama..Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    id go 1 furthur and change the ptc relay
    The PTC relay was changed if you read my first post.

Install Monkey, we cant all be a smart arse and know everything. I am well aware that calling a refrigeration engineer would be the faster way to go. However it outweighs the cost of the fridge to me. Also where would we all be if we never learnt anything in life?

believe me im no smart arse- theyre's a lot of members on here that can make me look simple on the other hand there are a few on here that make me look clever.
    just trying to help diagnose the problem
    Quote Originally Posted by stelmo View Post
    The PTC relay was changed if you read my first post.

Install Monkey, we cant all be a smart arse and know everything. I am well aware that calling a refrigeration engineer would be the faster way to go. However it outweighs the cost of the fridge to me. Also where would we all be if we never learnt anything in life?