battery powered fridge unit

does anyone know if they are efficient,i have been asked to supply and fit one onto a citroen relay lwb to maintain 0c,which are the best uk types only.

Re: battery powered fridge unit

There are some good units, Not Chinese, you might want to replace the battery for a higher amp one cause these fridges [Peltier or compressor] are very high energy consumers.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Have a look at the Danfoss BD 12/24vdc compressors.

If you want to spend money then try a marine unit, same make just more bucks.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK View Post
    Have a look at the Danfoss BD 12/24vdc compressors.

If you want to spend money then try a marine unit, same make just more bucks.
    good call its if the capacity can be obtained the problem is the van had a engine driven unit and the bolts sheared in the engine block the muppets who tried to extract the remains of the mounting bolts snapped a extraction tool in the block and it cannot be removed thus making the mounting of a new bracket mount kit impossible without a new engine being installed!

There is no screw that You can not get out, find normal mechanics who wil extract bolts and renew the threads.

Hi Cad
    Hubbard/Zanotti can supply a battery driven unit, a S114 or if you want a stand-by S114AEL, I am suggesting the freezer unit as it is a large van for a battery drven unit, the output watts at chill are 1116 and at frozen are 402 (but I dont think if would freeze a van that size. The Hubbard/Zannotti battery driven units are very reliable. Carrier, GAH, also do battery driven units. If these unit are not big enough for you, and your customer can affford to pay the best would be a Kerstner unit very efficient but expensive. hope this helps
    Tommy cool

[QUOTE=vehikool;233898]Hi Cad
    Hubbard/Zanotti can supply a battery driven unit, a S114 or if you want a stand-by S114AEL, I am suggesting the freezer unit as it is a large van for a battery drven unit, the output watts at chill are 1116 and at frozen are 402 (but I dont think if would freeze a van that size. The Hubbard/Zannotti battery driven units are very reliable. Carrier, GAH, also do battery driven units. If these unit are not big enough for you, and your customer can affford to pay the best would be a Kerstner unit very efficient but expensive. hope this helps some

thanks,will contact gah etc i dont want to freeze +2 would suffice

TTC Guest

You might want to look at the following link http://www.euroengel.it/eng/index.php These units are brought into the Uk by Eberspacher and distributed by DBS in Swindon. They have the advantage of being ATP rated and can be moved from vehicle to vehicle. They use a pretty robust and common Danfoss compressor and an inbuilt inverter which can accept 12/24v and/or 110/230v. Not cheap but a neat peice of kit! Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by TTC View Post
    You might want to look at the following link http://www.euroengel.it/eng/index.php These units are brought into the Uk by Eberspacher and distributed by DBS in Swindon. They have the advantage of being ATP rated and can be moved from vehicle to vehicle. They use a pretty robust and common Danfoss compressor and an inbuilt inverter which can accept 12/24v and/or 110/230v. Not cheap but a neat peice of kit! Hope this helps.
    thanks for that info,it will not help in this case but it does look a nice piece of kit some of my clients will be interested in them thanks again.