Hybrid View

Re: how do i calculate actual mass flow through a compressor without flowmeters?

Hi Ranger
    I do not know of any formal test done that proofs liquid injection damages a screw compressor VS thermosyphon? We have screws running on thermosyphon for 12 years straight, services and inspection done as per manufacturer and only 1 thrust bearing change. as you said the cost to convert a liquid injection compressor to thermosyphon will non pay back in 5 years even so is it worth changing? (Compressor hours at 120,000 hrs)
    THE BEST WAY OF LEARNING IS TO DO IT YOURSELF!!!

Re: how do i calculate actual mass flow through a compressor without flowmeters?

Quote Originally Posted by Lodiev View Post
    Hi Ranger
    I do not know of any formal test done that proofs liquid injection damages a screw compressor VS thermosyphon? We have screws running on thermosyphon for 12 years straight, services and inspection done as per manufacturer and only 1 thrust bearing change. as you said the cost to convert a liquid injection compressor to thermosyphon will non pay back in 5 years even so is it worth changing? (Compressor hours at 120,000 hrs)
    Lodiev,
    Liquid injection you lose a small amount of capacity & use small amount of power, so over time it costs you.
    Also the older the screw, if it has ant wear on rotor tips etc, it would compound effects on efficiency.

Everything has it's place,thermosyphon is good, as no maintenance.

http://turbolab.tamu.edu/proc/turbop...8/Vol28015.pdf

see page 153
    Last edited by RANGER1; 20-11-2016 at 08:04 PM.