Hybrid View

Re: LG Multisplit ongoing issue... slowly getting there I think!

Hi Richard,

Do you have any update with this system?
    I have a few question? Firstly what is the model #'s of both outdoor and all indoor's connected. I would like to know the indoor unit diversity connected.
    Secondly, have anyone advised you that it is possible to connect a service software to the system. This should be available through LG. It will give a clearer indication of the parameters during operation and hopefully pinpoint anything abnormal.

Re: LG Multisplit ongoing issue... slowly getting there I think!

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    Hi Richard,

Do you have any update with this system?
    I have a few question? Firstly what is the model #'s of both outdoor and all indoor's connected. I would like to know the indoor unit diversity connected.
    Secondly, have anyone advised you that it is possible to connect a service software to the system. This should be available through LG. It will give a clearer indication of the parameters during operation and hopefully pinpoint anything abnormal.
    Hi there

Thank you for the reply: THe update is this still:

Quote Originally Posted by back2space View Post
    UPDATE:

Engineer attended Friday last week to check the valve head on the unit... he took the top of the head off and it was all corroded inside.

So he has swapped the valve head over with one of the working heads which has improved things but the coil is still getting warm on the affected unit... not as much so the fan stays running all the time but enough so that the fan stays on more than it should, which then zaps heat from the other coil.

Switch that coil off and the air off temp increases on the other unit that is calling for heat.

Hes going to come back out on the 19th to check the voltages on the head of the valve to see if its working properly.

None of the other valve heads are affected as they are in another position away from the header pipe.
    I wasnt aware that you could connect a laptop up but I bet this is expensive and LG would charge a fortune for one of there engineers to visit and I dont think I should have to pay for it.

INdoor units are MV12AH x2 and MS12AH x1 & Outdoor unit is FM25AH UE1.

If all three are running together then they are over indexed for the outdoor unit (over capacity) but fact is I get better performance and higher air offs if all three are running together than if 2 are at thermo off and just 1 is running at thermo on.

When I first turned one of the units on tonight I got an air off of about 45C, when it cycled off and came back on later I was getting max of 38C. So I thought for a test put it to 30C and then the air off in theory should rise to 45C or higher as the compressor should be fully ramped up. Air off didnt change it stayed at 38C. Even when I switched on one of the other units air off did not climb and one unit would not shift out of low fan speed despite being set at 30C as the air off was only 32C which if your sat near the unit 32C air feels draughty and not pleasant. Compressor was ramped up though as it would be for 30C. Thing is this just makes the unit run endlessly for hours trying to achieve set point because air offs are so poor.

Few weeks ago running one unit I would get 47C no matter what.

Something is seriously messed up on this system.

So annoying... I hate LG.

So if its 7C outside then whats it going to be like when its 0C outside, its rated down to -15C so when i put it upto 30C air offs should be really warm.
    Last edited by back2space; 19-10-2010 at 11:34 PM.