Hybrid View

Re: Oil Pressure Differential Switches

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    I'm assuming the auto reset you describe did not have a one hour interval, nor did it have a three reset limit, nor an alarm? So your anecdote does not apply.

Hi Gary.

In principle I'm not against auto resets under the right restrictions.
    With the reset restrictions you describe I would be tempted to agree that it would stop a lot of wasted callouts (less overtime ).
    I do not know of a switch like you describe is there a switch or is it somthing you are personaly toying with?

Cheers taz.

Quote Originally Posted by taz24 View Post
    Hi Gary.

In principle I'm not against auto resets under the right restrictions.
    With the reset restrictions you describe I would be tempted to agree that it would stop a lot of wasted callouts (less overtime ).
    I do not know of a switch like you describe is there a switch or is it somthing you are personaly toying with?

Cheers taz.
    It is simply an idea I am throwing out here in case the control manufacturers are tuning in. Given today's electronics, perhaps it is time to re-think the oil pressure control... and the high pressure control as well.

I am not so much concerned with reducing overtime as I am with saving the products.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    It is simply an idea I am throwing out here in case the control manufacturers are tuning in. Given today's electronics, perhaps it is time to re-think the oil pressure control... and the high pressure control as well.

I am not so much concerned with reducing overtime as I am with saving the products.
    Some chillers have something similar. You can set the amount of times an electronic reset of oil, hp or lp. After a half dozen times or so the plant locks that compressor out and you need a password to unlock it.

Kind Regards Andy
    If you can't fix it leave it that no one else will:rolleyes: