Hybrid View

Re: My first self made EVAP

OK, the R410A HP seemed to be running well enough while the weather was a bit warmer. What bugged me most was the high current draw 15.5A when the data sheet says it should be 10.5A.

I put on the gauges and I get suction 4.72Bar, -10C,
    discharge is 28 Bar, 48.3C
    Liquid from the buffer is 49C and out is 53C

air on 9C and off is about 5C (comp stopped as it was going down and I was about to take pipe measurements on the evap) and the sun went down anyway.

I was going over in the morning and when I got there the EVAP was a solid block of ice.

I think it is overcharged but I have a feeling there is something else as well (perhaps condenser is too small). Any thoughts?

Re: My first self made EVAP

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHolm View Post
    OK, the R410A HP seemed to be running well enough while the weather was a bit warmer. What bugged me most was the high current draw 15.5A when the data sheet says it should be 10.5A.

I put on the gauges and I get suction 4.72Bar, -10C,
    discharge is 28 Bar, 48.3C
    Liquid from the buffer is 49C and out is 53C

air on 9C and off is about 5C (comp stopped as it was going down and I was about to take pipe measurements on the evap) and the sun went down anyway.

I was going over in the morning and when I got there the EVAP was a solid block of ice.

I think it is overcharged but I have a feeling there is something else as well (perhaps condenser is too small). Any thoughts?
    I'd definitely expect that kind of ampage draw on that size compressor with that much differential between low and high side. Try to keep the outlet temp down to 45C if possible. Running at high temps in heating mode will write off your compressor in a short space of time.

Could well be overcharged as your condensing temp and water outlet temp should be within 1C of one another and right now they're 4-5C apart. Your subcooling should be close to your return temp too.

Whats controling defrost and what type of defrost is it?