Hybrid View

Re: Help and advise from the H&S wise and Opinion of other Techs!

Hi Grizzly
    The block wall could create a trip hazard in the event of a hasty exit. I presume it has been put there to stop any liquids escaping from the plantroom.
    With regards to the new sign Explosive Atmosphere.
    We have a new standard now and it is based on ISO 817 which I think you use in the UK and Europe.
    Ammonia has been reclassified from a B2 to a B2L refrigerant and class 2L is now considered to be of lower flammability but not explosive, I think it would be the same there.
    Regards
    Paul
    Born to fish, forced to work

Re: Help and advise from the H&S wise and Opinion of other Techs!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulZ View Post
    Hi Grizzly
    The block wall could create a trip hazard in the event of a hasty exit. I presume it has been put there to stop any liquids escaping from the plantroom.
    With regards to the new sign Explosive Atmosphere.
    We have a new standard now and it is based on ISO 817 which I think you use in the UK and Europe.
    Ammonia has been reclassified from a B2 to a B2L refrigerant and class 2L is now considered to be of lower flammability but not explosive, I think it would be the same there.
    Regards
    Paul
    So Paul, how are you going with new code?
    Looks like a step backwards in a lot of aspects.

If this is bunding, I wonder is there any drains in plant room floor, if so they would have to be blocked during normal operation so ammonia/oil doesn't run down them.
    Safety is good, but seems isolated boxes are ticked off by different people, looks like eliminate one thing but make several other issues.
    Last edited by RANGER1; 20-04-2017 at 09:43 PM.