Hybrid View

Re: LG Multisplit ongoing issue... slowly getting there I think!

With hand held instruments or with the lg software, cable and dongle were the subcool and superheat readings taken during operation before a defrost and then later after a defrost?

I'm just trying to work out where the refrigerant is during operation changes.

If it was R407C then internal fractionation would be a possibility. But with R410A there would be zero fractionation problems.
    Only the dogmatist says he will never change his mind. We all know that some of our opinions are wrong but none of us know which they are for if we did then they just wouldn't be our opinions. - JS Mill.

Quote Originally Posted by DTLarca View Post
    With hand held instruments or with the lg software, cable and dongle were the subcool and superheat readings taken during operation before a defrost and then later after a defrost?

I'm just trying to work out where the refrigerant is during operation changes.

If it was R407C then internal fractionation would be a possibility. But with R410A there would be zero fractionation problems.
    Yes they were and LG said all readings came back ok.

Thing is its not nessasarily after a defrost cycle this happens, could be the next on cycle that performance goes up or the next cycle performance may be poor.

Usually always good performance after a defrost cycle though.

Quote Originally Posted by back2space View Post
    Yes they were and LG said all readings came back ok.

Thing is its not nessasarily after a defrost cycle this happens, could be the next on cycle that performance goes up or the next cycle performance may be poor.

Usually always good performance after a defrost cycle though.
    Need to check actual inverter frequency at the different times then.

Most multi meters fail to register the hz coming off of inverters - instead we have to measure the volts onto the motor which increases with hz.

Just to eliminate any chance of a discrepancy between intended frequency and actual frequency.
    Only the dogmatist says he will never change his mind. We all know that some of our opinions are wrong but none of us know which they are for if we did then they just wouldn't be our opinions. - JS Mill.

Quote Originally Posted by DTLarca View Post
    Need to check actual inverter frequency at the different times then.

Most multi meters fail to register the hz coming off of inverters - instead we have to measure the volts onto the motor which increases with hz.

Just to eliminate any chance of a discrepancy between intended frequency and actual frequency.
    THis is something I checked as well... I have the unit connected to a energy meter and the current draw is the same (I measure in watts or volts) and it draws the same so the compressor is doing as it should. It just doesnt make anysense. Bang it upto 30C and you perhaps might get air off a few degrees warmer.

For example now justturned the unit on for today (been out all night) and getting air off of 43C and its 0.8C outside. Next on cycle may only get 32C air off but changing it to 30C witha return air off 21C it wouldnt increase that much.