Hybrid View

Re: Oil pressure issue Howden WRV255, stumped again

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Suction pressure -38.5 C
    Discharge pressure: 27.1 C
    Same for both

Maag pump runs at 1450rpm capacity is 264 l/min (theoretical at dP 0 bar)
    Viking pump runs at 1750 rpm capacity is 240 l/min (theoretical at dP 0 bar)

I didn't think to check the amps, but they are running full production today until 2am, and the machinist is going to keep me updated on the running conditions via sms, so I'll ask if he can check if he has time
    Tycho,
    Model number of pump handy as well.
    Example AK4195

Oil pump suction strainer size ,type, mesh size even at a guess like coarse , fine, very fine.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER1 View Post
    Tycho,
    Model number of pump handy as well.
    Example AK4195

Oil pump suction strainer size ,type, mesh size even at a guess like coarse , fine, very fine.
    No luck on the model of the pumps, the compressor package builder has removed the manufacturers plates and replaced them with their own with just the bare minimum of information :/

Pump suction strainer is a danfoss FIA 50 filter (DN50) mesh is 250 or 500 μ, I know I looked at it when I had the filter out, but I've been in Denmark supervising the installation of a NH3 plant on a trawler (the pipe installation is a week behind schedule) and my focus has been there, so I just don't remember
    -Cheers-

Tycho

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    No luck on the model of the pumps, the compressor package builder has removed the manufacturers plates and replaced them with their own with just the bare minimum of information :/

Pump suction strainer is a danfoss FIA 50 filter (DN50) mesh is 250 or 500 μ, I know I looked at it when I had the filter out, but I've been in Denmark supervising the installation of a NH3 plant on a trawler (the pipe installation is a week behind schedule) and my focus has been there, so I just don't remember
    Tycho,
    Motor size in kw & amps might narrow it down.
    How is it running at 1750rpm & other at 1450 rpm VSD ?