Thread: C72 Thermostats

Cool C72 Thermostats

A few years ago, in fact quite a few years ago when I was doing my apprenticeship we used to often make use of a C72 mechanical/electrical thermostat when working on the older type of window wall units. It was quite a handy stat as it could take a fair bit of single phase current around 15amps (ideal for some of the bigger units) it was also very useful as it had the ability to go from a cooling mode to a heating mode automatically with a differential in between. I was wondering if anybody remembers these stats and if they are still available nowadays.

Many Thanks

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: C72 Thermostats

Don't know about a C72 but Marstair/ IMI ect used to use the classic Ranco C17 2 stage stat and they're still out there...
    http://www.applegate.co.uk/listings/...1-2356042.html
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

proof of how good they were as they outlasted the imi hilo range and they were bomb proof!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK View Post
    Don't know about a C72 but Marstair/ IMI ect used to use the classic Ranco C17 2 stage stat and they're still out there...
    http://www.applegate.co.uk/listings/...1-2356042.html

Hi Piewie
    Decades ago here in NZ every old style split system and window rattler had a C72 control stat., have not seen them here lately probably been replaced with another that will fail and sell as a spare part replacement.

Thanks guys I think you are right it is a C17 got my letters and numbers muddled.