This discussion could go on for a long time.
I will agree that TX Valves should not be adjusted more than once. If they start to misbehave an adjustment is not likely to solve the problem.
I am mostly a NH3 person and we usually avoid TX valves if possible. We often find that the valve seats are eroded and all the adjustment you do will not correct that.
I suspect that the ***** valves are set closer than the NH3 ones are when you get them.
I have had many experiences with under or over feeding valves that needed adjustment on startup. I just had five Krack Evaps replaced where I work and we had a orifice sizing problem from the factory. It was the classic oversize problem where the coil went from starving to overfeeding with no in between.
I witnessed the final superheat readings before I would accept the job as complete.
In my service days we always checked the superheat when we started a new coil or changed a valve. If you check it and it is a few degrees high why not correct it?
However there are other causes that need to be investigated first. In the job I just mentioned we had evap condenser cycling because of low load and cold temperatures. We had to cover the air intakes on the condenser and cycle the compressors by hand to avoid pressure variations and flashing. If you are not able to do this you cannot possibly make a satisfactory adjustment.
Thanks to the old timers I learned from.
But then I am one of them now.