Hybrid View

Re: What did we do today?

Mikeref, its an obselete model so i am quoting for a new copeland 7.5hp discus comp, a ZB50 scroll and a rebuilt replacement. The new comps will cope with R404A when the time comes but i suspect they will go with the cheaper for now option.
    I have customers like that too! I don't mind so long as they pay for my time and understand that it might not last that long.

Paul, theres no way i'd get two splits changed in a day on the same site let alone two different ones, took me 2.5 days to swap a 5kw unit for an old 2.5kw unit the other week with a 15m pipe run

Jon

Re: What did we do today?

Quote Originally Posted by monkey spanners View Post
    Paul, theres no way i'd get two splits changed in a day on the same site let alone two different ones, took me 2.5 days to swap a 5kw unit for an old 2.5kw unit the other week with a 15m pipe run

Jon
    You're just trying to make me feel better :lol:
    I was home by 3.30pm
    Worst installs I have are small flats or apartments, have to fit a condensate pump, drill through 2 walls at least or lift tiles and go through the ceiling etc.
    I normally get them done from scratch in 6hrs by myself for these flats etc.
    Doing it solo take way longer than two guys (can't push an pull a pipe from either side of a wall at the same time) so what can take 2 guys 2hrs, takes me 6hrs.
    Of course all my installs are difficult ones, the retailers have installers that will do it for $500 ( whats that, about 200 pounds?) Catch is they will only do the simple back to back, ~2m pipework installs.
    So they get the simple easy ones, and I get the really hard ones...
    Last edited by paul_h; 16-12-2010 at 11:03 AM.