Hybrid View

mikeee Guest

Re: Changing interior bulb wipes out my H/point Mistral f/freezer

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply to my problem.There is no conventional thermostat inside the fridge that I can see.There is a LCD display outside -Zone -Set Temp-Save-Fast Freeze.Do you think I may have a circuit board as you mentioned?Will this suggest a more serious problem.The bulb was 15watt (240v) labeled "for fridge freezer" as recommended in the instruction manual.thanks again for your help.

Mikeee

Quote Originally Posted by mikeee View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply to my problem.There is no conventional thermostat inside the fridge that I can see.There is a LCD display outside -Zone -Set Temp-Save-Fast Freeze.Do you think I may have a circuit board as you mentioned?Will this suggest a more serious problem.The bulb was 15watt (240v) labeled "for fridge freezer" as recommended in the instruction manual.thanks again for your help.

Mikeee
    I know that these bulbs are controled from the board and somtimes they switch the neutral I have known of bulbs blowing and taking out the fuse.
    I have on one or two occasions seen a bulb that had blown and spiked the board which failed.
    You realy do need this looking at by someone who knows what they are doing.
    Cheers taz.

mikeee Guest

Tas24,
    You were spot on.I got an engineer to look at the F/freezer,the bulb had blown and spiked the board, which had to be replaced.I changed the bulb when power was going to the F/freezer.Instruction manual says, switch off power before changing bulb.Should have read instructions first.This is the most expensive bulb I will ever buy.Thanks for your advice. Cheers,
    Mikeee