Hybrid View

Re: saturated conditions in a receiver tank PROVE ME WRONG

dynamic system it is a crap shoot as it is dynamic, you can have bubbles of super heated gas in with the sub cooled liquid as it rushes through the condenser, this is why we can see bubbles in a sight glass yet the system is perfectly charged, in essence we can think of a sight glass as a micro receiver.

in a vertical sight glass we have liquid on the bottom some slight gas at the top when running (this is for sake of argument we may or may not have a small amount of vapour pending on the velocity of fluid, sub cooling and so fourth)

when the gas liquid mix hits the higher volume of the sight glass it drops in velocity yet pressure remain stable, at this point gravity comes into play, the bubbles rise to the surface and join the gas cloud where it will stratify based on weight and temp, as will the working fluid to a lesser extent.

Turbulence will mix our fluid and gas phases to a certain extent, so what we see is an average of our sub-cooled working fluid.

So in the end so long as the txv's are getting a solid column of sub-cooled liquid we are all good, trying to map out the exact thing happening just over complicates things albeit interesting.
    Last edited by The MG Pony; 14-07-2013 at 06:35 PM.
    Now in Redvers Sask.

Good idea here's an email I sent to myself so I
    could find there number quicly
    notice the date
    From: "Ryan Sharp" Date: Jul 11, 2013 9:17 PM Subject: To: "Ryan Sharp" <
    ACRYLIC Material Safety data sheet Hazards Identification
    I also plan on making a whole system oout of acrylic tube and all
    fYI go onto ebay and u can buy special adhievse tape which can hold 700psi its from uk ebay
    Last edited by frank; 17-07-2013 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The MG Pony View Post
    dynamic system it is a crap shoot as it is dynamic........
    There's your answer. The PT (and PH) charts represent states of equilibrium. You might approach stasis in a pipe, but this is a 300 liter tank at 50% capacity with phase change and different modes of heat transfer in the top and bottom halves of the receiver.

im uploading to youtube tonight big pony ill post a link for u tomorrow night,

its a video of real life running conditions i think u will like it......