Quick Job - Essex

This forum over many threads includes the words " get expert help".

I get that - but when I've telephoned numerous RE's and asked to have a simple job done

"No, we don't do that " is the common answer !

I have a dehumidifier that runs on R407c and has worked flawlessly for some years.
    It now no longer cools - and I guess it needs gas.

Simple ........you try and find an RE that will do this job.........nobody is interested !

The threads promote all the skills and experience you guys have, and how DIY'ers keep doing it wrong........"get expert help"............if only !
    Last edited by frank; 16-08-2016 at 09:16 PM.

Re: Quick Job - Essex

Only just got in the door now started at four this morn and I suspect most engineers are the same at the moment don't take it personally sir but like others I suspect the following apply
    1, look after your regulars
    2,look after the good payers and where u get a cup of tea and a smile
    3,do what u can when possible
    4, bad payers constant moaners or I can get it on ebay for half that is normally next week
    5,or the I ain't paying that for you to come out
    Nothing against your unit but will be a different story in winter ....I must of turned down 100 jobs in last month but u can only do so much I'm afraid also I would suggest the Carrott not the stick method if you require a engineer or even better find a company local and drop the unit to them in there workshop I love my job but with little sleep stop taking the piss

i can come have a look its £90 call out plus £35ph excluding travel + parts

Quote Originally Posted by Rotti View Post
    This forum over many threads includes the words " get expert help".

I get that - but when I've telephoned numerous RE's and asked to have a simple job done

"No, we don't do that " is the common answer !

I have a dehumidifier that runs on R407c and has worked flawlessly for some years.
    It now no longer cools - and I guess it needs gas.

Simple ........you try and find an RE that will do this job.........nobody is interested !

The threads promote all the skills and experience you guys have, and how DIY'ers keep doing it wrong........"get expert help"............if only !
    For your information, this is a forum for professional refrigeration engineers where we share information regarding our trade and problems encountered, it is not an advertising forum or message board for jobs, although the site owner is always willing to sell advertising space to would be clients.
    If you still wish to advertise a job, please use the 'contact us' button at the bottom of the page and the 'Boss' will respond with a quotation.

I believe that the quick job! in my experience means that it will be a bounce back job and consume valuable time which is better spent looking after regular clients if this equipment can be delivered to a reputable company to repair it locally at your cost that would seem the best path.

Bear in mind that if it's a small unit the cost to repair it may quite possibly be more expensive than buying a new one.