Oh this is like a blue print of a problem I had some years back...
I never could figure it out.
the price goes to the ships engineer.

I'm going to tell you the entire story of how I struggled, to make you appreciate how easy the solution is

I supervised and built a NH3 freezing plant on a Crab fishing vessel, plant had:
Pump circulated:
1 tunnel
3 plate freezers

Supplied by HP liquid:
1 RSW chiller working at -5C
1 Brine chiller working at -18C

The brine and RSW chiller are fed from the bottom of the pilot receiver, to ensure they have a feed of HP liquid.

During commissioning, I noticed that as long as the RSW chiller was working alone, everything was fine.
When I started the Brine chiller, which was fed from the same liquid line, both the RSW and Brine chiller would loose liquid supply.

Both chillers were supplied from the pilot receiver, the pilot receiver had liquid level, so the level in the pilot is not the issue.

Both chillers were supplied through a danfoss PMFL valve combined with a float valve, so if the liquid level dropped, the valve would open and allow more liquid in right? easy peasy!

Once I had the system up and running, I noticed that the RSW chiller was working, but the brine chiller seemed to be constantly starved of liquid.

I did a test, so I shut of the liquid valve feeding the brine chiller, and the RSW chiller was working just fine.
Then I had a stethoscope mounted on the brine chiller liquid line while I opened the liquid line, and I heard a *ssssssh thud*

and to me, it sounded like the spring in the PMFL valve was too strong and couldn't handle the pressure difference.

so I ordered a new weaker spring sent from china and got it to work somewhat, it was still kind of on and off.

And then after the ship had been at sea for 3 weeks I got an e-mail from the onboard engineer, that he had "forced open" the quick closing valve, and now the RSW and Brine worked perfectly.

The quick closing valve was a danfoss EVRA 25...

The danfoss EVRA 25 handles pressure difference very well..

What it does not handle is flow...

An EVRA valve works very well on smaller applications, but on larger applications, especially on the liquid line, because of the increased flow, it struggles.
High pressure difference, higher mass flow, we can now introduce the Coanda effect.

What is the coanda effect?
the coanda effect is the the "tendency of a liquid to stay attached to a convex surface" and this happens inside a solenoid valve that has a bellow, and if the flow of liquid through the valve is faster/higher than the valve is designed for, it will close.

-----------------------------

So Ranger1, what you are looking at here is an undermentioned valve or some desk rider choosing valve size from pipe size and not function