Quote Originally Posted by TRASH101 View Post
How big is your room and how big is your window and how many heat dissipating gadgets have you got in there!! The summertime may prove a prove a fitting test for little'ol 3.5 Kw in sunny Devon
Well when it behaves, it puts this room on ice, so far I've seen the room go from 23*c to 18*c in about 30 or 40 minutes

From calling Mitsi tech support, they've said that the threshold temperature for the fan running on the outdoor unit is 17*c ambient outside, I asked if reduced cooling is normal and they said yes. I've found that if you run the unit to capacity in this state, it achieves no cooling at all, if you set the setpoint closer to the room temp, the compressor then slows down and the indoor unit blows a minimal amount of cold air, still enough to hold the temperature in the room.

What rattles my cage is the fact that you can hit the emergency operation switch on the indoor unit, which runs a flat out test for 30 mins, and the unit cools perfectly, albeit with no temperature control. If its capable of cooling with a low outside temperature then why have they designed it to behave poorly it would seem? - it's got me

Condenser close to the wall? nope - it appears so because of the panorama's warping of the picture, and the fact that the brackets are overkill in their size accommodation, there's a good 20cm of clearance behind the unit