Hi Brian,

Do we also have to look at a possible legal aspect of providing energy efficient plant nowadays, global warming etc., against just getting the lowest install price?
This brings up an interesting point. I would agree with your statement above. However, there will always be people who request the cheapest possible piece of crap and those willing to sell it.

This is not too far from allowing anybody to service or install refrigeration or A/c systems just because they have a set of gauges and a tank of refrigerant.

From my perspective I would prefer to inform the owner of the differences between energy use and HELP him to make an informed decision. In my mind, that is selling, not just taking orders.

With rising energy costs the customer should, I say should, be more concerned with the running costs than how much it is off the shelf.
Could not agree more...

I believe we can help the owner to make smarter decisions. His business is different from ours. But if we help him to understand the impact of his decisions (re: cheap versus cost effective) towards his business, we can win in the long run.

Maybe even make a few peso's along the way.