Quote Originally Posted by US Iceman
This would seem to imply more oil is getting into the low side of the system than the oil recovery can handle.

That would indicate the coalescing element is leaking somehow (elements not seated properly in separator, or element itself is bad).

In another post you mentioned this;

If the oil carryover is expected to be 25 ppm (or 1.5 liter/day... I didn't check this, I'm only using your numbers) for the separator, then it sounds like the oil drip leg (the T you mentioned in the liquid line to the PHE) would have a similar volume (4" pipe). This was the factory design, is this correct?

Another question, which I'm not sure of the answer is... Is the oil separator designed to operate at 10 bar discharge pressure? If not, the velocity through the separator can be too high and cause oil carryover also, even if the elements are new and seated properly.

The more I think about this it seems to an oil separator problem, not oil recovery.
Iceman to my knowledge this separator has not got a coalecent filter.

The manual takes about a fine element, but not coalecent

I may be wrong but I assumed that these units were not fitted with coalecent filters, mainly through experience, they all use oil at a higher rate than units with coalecent secondaries

This filter may simply be that a fine mesh filter.

Kind Regards Andy