Quote Originally Posted by headgasket
I am happy but I do like to dream.
We can stop dreaming.

At the moment I am in the throes of exam preparation.

After June. I will look into the aspect of setting up a body that is representative of members, and try with the help of other members how we can improve upon our recognition, our say in issues, our perception, our standing.

There are bodies existing presently which do this, In the UK we have a body I know, we can look at them and see how effective they are at representing the engineer.

The only way forward I think is accredidation, so the engineer who is qualified is licensed and his qualification is recognised.

We become "card carrying" members, just like "Equity", you want to perform in the arts, you have to be a member of Equity

This sets him apart from the guy who buys a vac pump from Ebay, and sets up as an air con installater.

In the meantime, if members have a view, feel free to provide input.

US Iceman puts it perfectly when he says..........We want proffessionalism and ethics......

Revolution is not the way forward. Good practice and organisation is the way forward. Becoming an effective lobby that the government will listen to, will refer to when it legislates.

Thats where we want to be.

Look the Part, Act the Part, Portray yourself as the Business,

People will listen.......and look, and start to take us seriously

Then we can remove the "rotten" wood from our structure and get ahead.....