Hybrid View

Re: Warning for all VW Transporter T5 owners

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Hofmann

The Transporter can be a handfull on damp roads, the traction control light spends a large portion of its life flashing at me in the wet
    Yep my humble 130 bhp kombi does the same, but the traction control is just the ticket in the ice

Wanted a 174bhp but the boss said I needed it like a hole in the head

Must get my 130bhp chipped, better leave it a year or so until the boss forgets

Kind Regards. Andy.

only prob with imports is some warentys are only two years not three and the dealer wont take kindly to it if anything goes wrong, i think all the 174,s would be better off 4 wheel drive, stop eating front tyres and put the power down better onto the black stuff, in all fairness the 130 is a better balanced van i think.

I'm told that there is not much between the 174 and the 130 performance wise when empty, but when fully loaded and with a traile the 174 just keeps going and going.

Going over the penines on the M62 with a plant trailer on and the van loaded to the gunnels, flashing BMWs out of the way is naughty, but good fun

Even with a UK bought van, the 3 year warranty is about as much use as a 3 year warranty on a LG
    Karl

thats not true karl,the vw warrentys i have found to be very good,never had a problem,the opersite realy, done stuff for me a put it through as u/g.also never had a breakdown bar a faultey ing switch in 14 years !!