[QUOTE=limerick14;331834]
Quote Originally Posted by Segei View Post
Ranger1.

Thanks, I see you understand what I am asking. We don't equalize pressures as this is not necessary on a single-section condenser. Anyway, you are right the consequence of too little elevation is likely backing up liquid in the condenser. This is what most people say will happen or has happened in the past. Then the explanation goes like this. When the condenser fills with liquid, the area decreases, the discharge pressure increases and the propane will be pushed out. Then the cycle starts again. This is what some people call surging. What I am not necessarily are convinced about it is the fact the liquid will back up into the condenser only because the liquid head is needed to push the check open. The compressor always provides a driving force and pushes open whatever check is in the flow. The argument against this is typical that the vapour in the condenser collapses into liquid and therefore the pressure decreases. This can't be right because the receiver is at the same pressure the condenser is, minus small line losses. There is no such thing as no pressure because vapour collapses. Anyway, my question is; why would the compressor not push open the check before the liquid reaches the condenser?
I think if low flow rate check valve could surge until compressor increases capacity.
Could you fit check valve with horizontal flow with lighter spring to counteract lower head.
Do you control hot gas bypass somehow, or is it manual?