Threaded View

Re: Hot Gas Defrost for Tray Tunnel Freezer Evaporator

Hi all,

many years ago we installed one similar system ... two tunnels running in parallel ... outcome of defrosting was not good ... it was not enough hot gas only from one tunnel to defrost the second one ... it was good if in time of defrosting was working some other deep freezing room or some other high temperature room ... operators needed quite a lot of time to learn how to manage defrosting ... kind of game ... new experience for all of us ...

With tray tunnel I am not sure what about tunnel capacity during defrosting of one evaporator(sequential defrosting) ... installation of third evaporator is possible, but sequential defrosting process cannot be cheap .... also installation of complete required equipment would be at higher price ....

I believe it is batch freezing and in my opinion the best will be ... finish with freezing of one batch - discharge the batch - fast defrosting with water - cleaning and drying of tunnel and start with second batch ...

Of course I can be wrong, because we do not know anything about facility ....

Best regards, Josip
    Last edited by Josip; 03-10-2017 at 10:18 PM. Reason: add some text

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.