Let me clarify my statements.
Many years ago I visited one plant where operators kept condensing pressure 150 psig all year around. They thought that this is optimum pressure because it match compression ratio for screw compressors which had fixed compression ratio. Reduction of condensing pressure to 130 psig save 10% of energy. At the same time wrong compression ratio will increase energy use by 1%. Net energy savings is 9%. It is more efficient to keep right condensing pressure than right compression ratio. We should improve system efficiency. Very often we should spend some energy in one part of the plant and save energy in another part. If savings are greater than spending, we are going to the right direction.
Example. We run additional condenser fan of 10 kW and due to lower condensing pressure save 30 kW of compressor power (high wet bulb approach). Net savings is 20 kW. We are going to the right direction. If the same 10 kW of additional fan energy saves, 5 kW of compressor power(low wet bulb approach). Net savings is -5 kW. We are going to the wrong direction.