Quote Originally Posted by charlie patt View Post
Rob the way u can have refrigerant in a vac pump is the new bmw crysler class kit run twin solenoids on twin and quad ac systems they two valves on a twin 8 on a quad totally isolate the pipes and evaporators on a twin or quad so on a 1234yf on a quad you reclaim refrigerant hp test then vac the problem being when you start car to warm cabin and switch on ac the solenoids open and approx 320 grams are heading for your vac pump the only way to open them is to energise ac or scanner so if your running a unsuitable vac pump it is surely possible things go bang if your using wrong kit it's going to end in tears this was my point in the beginning it depends what you work on but the days of popping a bit of gas into a modern vehicles is gone I'm afraid ta charlie

The trouble with life is something always gets in the way and makes it complicated.

I agree there are always systems and circumstances that are designed or accident
that come along and disrupt normal procedures.

Good practices are good practices and informing people of systems like this is important.

You make good valid points Charlie and I was not trying to belittle them. The BMW sounds
like a dream to work on, you lost me at the first twin quad .....

All the best Rob