Threaded View

Re: both lines in same insualtion

Quote Originally Posted by Rtic View Post
    Whatever you say; I stand by my own posts, and think any engineer who thinks it's acceptable to insulate both pipes in one length of insulation is doing the job wrong. I do feel like your intention was not to discuss the OP issue, but to argue and belittle others who disagree with you.

You know, it's users like you that make this forum a generally unpleasant place to be, and the very reason I won't bother anymore.
    My intention was for someone (anyone) to substantiate the claim that it has 'a big effect' or indeed any noticeable effect and if so what evidence is there to back this claim up.

No one has been able to even come close to responding to that request.

I said several times I was happy to be shown how this could be but again no one -including you- has done so .

You made the fundamental statement 'hot travels to cold'. That's fine and not in dispute but when I asked what temperature you think the two pipes would be you (and everyone else free to jump in) repeatedly avoided to consider it.

The pipe temperature delta T is fundamental to the rate of transfer in this (and any other) case. Therefore it's not unreasonable to pose what this differential is likely to be.

Unfortunately again and again you (and everyone else) avoided responding. That's a shame. The obvious conclusion is that most realise they are likely to be very close in temperature and hence the rate of transfer is likely to be quite small.

Again as I say I'm happy to be corrected but as yet no one wants to go near this....???????

This forum is about discussing all things refrigeration, to expand on knowledge and question what we do and why. If someone (anyone) makes a statement then someone (anyone) should be free to question it. That's how these things work.

This was never an attack on you so I'm sorry if you've gone all 'poor me' over this but you have simply failed to address the questions I pose.

If you don't like being asked questions about what you think is correct, then you're right, this isn't the forum for you but your best bet is to stick around. Good luck with your learning curve :-)
    Last edited by r.bartlett; 20-05-2016 at 08:11 AM.