Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
Wilhelmsen ship service has something called "descaling liquid", we use it mostly on the seawater side of condensers and oil coolers, but have also used it on the refrigerant side of systems that have been submerged.

http://wssproducts.wilhelmsen.com/ma...g-liquid-25-l/

you need to circulate the mixture via an external tank with a pump to pull out the particles, if it had been on the seawater side you could have just left it for a while and then replaced it.

I'd also put a filter on the return hose from the heat exchanger, I've only done this on smaller parts of systems so my return hose hasn't been bigger than 2-3" and I have just ziptied a rag over the end.

Hope it works out for you
Tycho Thank You for the advise. I guess that is the only way to remove most amount of rust and debris from the shell side. In talks with a de-scaling company here who will be able to arrange a de-scalant to do the job. After its done will be passing dry hot air at 70 deg C through the shells for a week so that the water dries up.

Meanwhile compressor is dis-assembled and stator sent to the oven for cleaning and heating.

Thanks for all the advises flowing In.
Cheers!