Quote Originally Posted by Segei View Post
In North America typical ammonia refrigeration plant has minimum condensing temperature is 20C or 110 -115 psig. This is just typical plant operation. I know a few plants that have condensing temperature of 10C. Suction pressure of these plants around 0 bars. For higher suction pressure we need oversized oil separator. Cost of the compressor with this oil separator will increase by 5%. I talked to several compressor manufacturers and everybody claim that their compressors can operate at condensing pressure 15C even with 2 bars suction pressure, but oil separator should have right size.
Maybe in plants running in some allaskan fjords will be running at +20 C
I'm talking about seawater cooled plants running in the waters off norway that can be between 4-15 degrees
Yeah well, with 20C on a freezing system, that is normal operating temperatures... if you have 0 bars of suction pressure, that is all and good, everything should be working well

thanks to you

You know a few plants that run on 10C condensing, I can tell you, they are not using LRI for oil coolong... if they do, I would like to see first hand...

You know... without being hard headed, I thnk that if I had the chance to install one of our systems on a ship fishing in Alaska, I could have imroved that ships catch of 10% in a season