Threaded View

Re: k20 Ignis Blizzard icemaker issue with not starting

Quote Originally Posted by nike123 View Post
    You don't need to wait for bin thermostat to be able to troubleshoot further. Bin full thermostat does not have any impact on defrost.

When ice thickness is sufficient and ice thickness thermostat is set to corresponding evaporator temperature, thermostat must switch to OFF position and energise 3way solenoid (and fresh water valve solenoid), and start defrost process.

If it does not do that, with decent ice slab on evaporator, even at lowest thickness setting, than ice thickness thermostat is faulty or its capillary is not sensing evaporator temperature as it should.

Regarding screw, I cannot tell you for now, but today i will going to change one same thermostat, and i will let you know how it should be.
    I know it wont affect the ice thickness thermostat. But then again I got the damn ice quantity thermostat forever bridged!

And without it it wont run.

So I will say in order for the machine to change cycle and energise other solenoid and others you need to unbridge the ice bin thermostat in order it to work normal.

Oh you do this daily as a job? You seen my machine, it is making beautiful ice. But in a slow pace.

What is faulty are those thermostat.

I just need to have patience wait for the ice bin thermostat to come in and have it installed to troubleshoot further like you said.

But If I can understand the figure you send with the red line I drew and the black line representing the bridge:

A bridged ice bin thermostat forever powers on the compressor! Scroll to the right with your cursor to see the compressor(D1)

Check this out:

ddd.jpg

Also if the bottom green side decides to stop making ice at the ice thickness thermostat(H10). the freaking compressor will be still on with the bridge(black line up at H9) intact.

I might be wrong. I will need to reinstall a working H9 and remove the bridge(from H9) to troubleshoot some more.
    Last edited by xbox40489; 14-08-2012 at 07:42 AM.