Threaded View

Re: My First Chiller

Quote Originally Posted by Emmett View Post
    NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!! Please Kompulsa, if you have the time and money to play with this little project of yours then surely you can afford a book on refrigeration and take the time to read it. It is great fun to help eachother out on this site, but you have not even got a grasp of the basics of refrigeration but your having a go with engineering and building your own chiller Come on man stop doing the bare minimum and crack open a book for some answers to some of your questions, and stop building things repairing peoles units and installing equipment untill you do.
    The problem is not that I can't afford a book, but I can't find a book that teaches me the basics of how to actually do these things, I can only find theoretical books so far. I am not working on other people's units, just my own.

I also don't have a professional to teach me how.

I kind of built the chiller already, and it freezes water, so I am making progress and learning. The people in refrigeration forums have been more helpful (where practice is concerned) than the theoretical ebooks I have which don't teach me about design or how to actually do things.

Don't worry, people warned me of the safety risks already, i'm trying to be careful.
    Last edited by Kompulsa; 21-03-2012 at 08:43 PM.
    Visit http://www.kompulsa.com/ for technology news, reviews, and more. Twitter: Kompulsa.