lg installation video

http://youtu.be/xUJMzKPwjbI
    any dude who can fit a unit in 10 mins is worth his weight in gold-even if he leak tests with the system under vac and his wiring is poor,pipework is poor and he adds gas to a 3mtr run haha

Re: lg installation video

Looks like a monkeys fitted it

i was impressed 2 3/4 starret bit for plasterboard-he'd come unstuck when he fits 1 on a 12inch concrete slab wall
    and i dont fit lg haha

good job its a temporay wall as being a lg it will be off the wall shortly when the thermistors keep going

Looks like an average LG install: fridge+drain pipework blowing in the wind, local isolators missing (on indoor here).... nearly always cut corners.

the best bit was watching him test for leaks whilst its under vac-oh and adding additional charge when its a 3mtr run-oh and the sexy pipework!!!-i think it was an actor!!haha

Probably was an actor !
    He acted just like you .

Cheers
    Stu
    Tool's ? check ! Condom's ? check !
    If you can't fix it , f*ck it !!!

he prob earns more than me and can sleep at night too-he didnt have the arms of an installer-no cuts,burns-war wounds
    Quote Originally Posted by stufus View Post
    Probably was an actor !
    He acted just like you .

Cheers
    Stu

I've had problems at vid time 5:08. The suction line flare splits after a few years and what's with the factory installed insulation from evap to flare fittings No vapour barrier as the thin as paper insulation needs ripping off and decent insulation fitted.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

also the system is precharged for 25ft piperun!!!! and he's adding gas!!! also he has clean fingernails!!!!

"clean fingernails" That's a dead give away.

Mike, the vapour barrier over the useless factory installation is duct tape!
    That's all I do, wrap it with duct tape. Never seen anyone pull it all of and replace it. Do you force it over the brass male flares, or cut and glue? Also have you had a problem with short barrelled flare nuts cracking?
    Only seen it twice in my life, systems were probably leaking and therefore icing up on the suction, otherwise there's millions of short barrelled OEM nuts out there not cracking as the suction line is rarely icing up when insulated.

Also never seen anyone do those loops for traps on a split install here, looks ugly and shouldn't be required if the evap is higher than the outdoor unit? And even then...
    Reclaiming units if their pipe run is short isn't done here at all, plus opens a world full of problems with azeotropic refrigerants. I've done a few under warranty, sometimes you get away with it, sometimes need to do a full reclaim, vac and recharge for the pipe length from scratch. If they used bigger accumulators, wouldn't even be a problem I suspect, ie most wall split systems are fine with at least a ~2m pipe run, others will not heat at all with that pipe run length, it's charged for 7m and needs to be about that unless you want to do a full reclaim and take out 400g.
    But still, plenty of dead beat installers that know nothing about a/cs bashing them up on a wall with 30cm pipe runs...
    Last edited by paul_h; 10-01-2012 at 10:01 AM.