A/C splits maintenance checklist

I've looked at the HVCA sfg 20 recs for this, but is there any rac org guidance on what a PPM visit on splits and vrv systems should entail in the real world

Any help much appreciated as i got an interview tuesday and i want to walk the walk not just talk the talk, know what i mean??

Re: A/C splits maintenance checklist

as per manufacturers recommendation, and also application ie if it is a dusty atmosphere then clean the filters more often

If you are relying on an answer here to your question about split servicing to get the job I feel that the position may elude you. Normally, the answers come from experience, not out of books or web sites.

I wish you well in your interview, but feel that you may lack the necessary experience to secure the position.

No offence intended.

I'd say theres two parts to it, cleaning and replacement of wearing parts, and then checking its all working as it should be.

There is then any remeadial actions needed, this may or may not be done at the same time but i would say its not part of the service as its likely to incur additional costs not quoted for.

Also i would have to agree with what has been said above, but i guess we all have to start somewhere. Good luck at your interview!

Jon
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

Quote Originally Posted by sparkspark View Post
    I've looked at the HVCA sfg 20 recs for this, but is there any rac org guidance on what a PPM visit on splits and vrv systems should entail in the real world

Any help much appreciated as i got an interview tuesday and i want to walk the walk not just talk the talk, know what i mean??
    normally 1 major vist a year and 2-3 minor visits.but they should tell u when the maintenance is due because its usually on a 52wk planner,and on site log books.-good luck

The way it is in the buildings maint game now is that they want to recruit an electrician who can do plumbing, carpentry, locksmithing, unblock urinals, take tap temps, fix leaky roofs, do some maintenance on aircon you name it...

I have a good understanding of refrigeration and air conditioners, having worked alongside chiller engineers for years, just want to try to shore up my understanding of what should be done on a periodic service...

have u got ur 2079 f gas or equivelent? i work for a maintenance company and they send you to a water leak not telling u its a cracked turd pipe with sh*te everywhere.stick to what u know,dont start mauling with bogs,windows.

yes i do have 2079 cat 1, lots of heating / cooling expce, fcu, ahu, vent beams, pressurised LTHW/ CHW systems etc, i dont like mauling with bogs and windows, but nowadays keeps the boss and the clients happy.

my original question if i could word it differently::

Is there an a/c industry standard which lays down more useful advice than SFG20 ??

Hi Spark

Thats how I started, I could talk the talk, as you say but believe me to walk the walk is going to take time,

Just give the impressions you have done some filter changing & some evaporator & condensor cleaning, no more,

otherwise you are going tobe given work, that you will feel obliged to attempt & you will without fail find yourself out of your depth,

R's chillerman
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !

my original question if i could word it differently::

Is there an a/c industry standard which lays down more useful advice than SFG20 ??
    After over twenty + years I dont need to know when future work is due, they have no reason to expect you to know this, as previous members have said, it varies and it is the managers job to ensure they are done to a time schedule not the engineers, unless he makes it yours & then your be given all the years unit id's & dates up front

R's chillerman
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !