Just as I remembered. Peltier chips have a fairly low efficiency compared to compression units. It's a shame too, they're so quiet compared to a fridge.

(This is where I was going to post URL links to sites showing examples and failed attempts, but this site apparently won't let me do that till I get 15 posts. GOOD JOB)

Maybe they're doing something wrong? Maybe I'm missing something here. But I really would love for this to work as an option for my tank, it's a lot less bulky then a fridge. Any ideas to make this work?

Quote Originally Posted by mad fridgie View Post
I to like peltiers, but you do need to know what you are doing, another option, on the cheap, buy a second hand fridge, but a big bucket of water inside, cool down over the day, pump water to vivarium at night, control pump on thermostat.

Ha, I actually have a mini fridge that I ripped apart outside. I was thinking of stuffing all of it's guts under a table and putting the main cooling "fin" into the terrarium to have it cool the tank... But it seemed a little bulky so I put it on hold, just in case I find a better method.