Threaded View

Re: Eco Cute CO2 heatpump

Quote Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
    In additon to the cost comparison previously offered for an alternative system, one must see that there is no cost for base of unit, no cost allowed for epoxy coated SS panels to weatherize unit, a very simple control with no remote capability, a lower quality compressor which is the main component in these units (as compared to a semi hermetic industrial quality rebuildable compressor), no certifications, no UL, no ratings, very low margin for manufacturing costs with labor etc....Hardly a real comparison.....
    Good answer, I have choosen a semi hermetic compressor, to keep all things fair (would be quite a bit cheaper to use hermetics), All components used are exported from the states to NZ and have UL listings (would be cheaper with non UL listed components)
    As stated i used book price for equipment not OEM production prices. (I would expect a component cost reduction in the range of 40-50%.)
    I did double the cost to allow for manufacture and profit,
    Housing (quite small, as system is close coupled)
    As a one off, (hand made in local sheet metal work shop, galve case then powder coat) to be around NZ$1200, so approx US$840.
    labour, again very simple standard refrigeration, plumbing and wiring. As a one off, a man could build and test in 20 hours (not continueos) at $50/hr
    so production labour $1000, (in china $1.23)
    We also need sundiries, a little copper, plumbing, wiring, welding, nitrogen, solder etc. Again close coupled so very little, so allow for US1000.

So based upon those rough figures, a there would be a manufacture GP of approx 42.5% (I believe that is good, well is very very good over here).

I would be comefatable supply this on a price structure, I would not on an engineering base, as there are many improvements that could be made on the base design!

But what i have given is a selection that any body can verify. (the simplest system possible)
    Forgot to say based upon 50Hz, so for 60hz model will be oversized in capacity.
    Last edited by mad fridgie; 26-02-2010 at 01:56 AM. Reason: 50hz