Hybrid View

Re: Optimization of the refrigeration plants operation

Quote Originally Posted by US Iceman View Post
    If none of them have very much experience doing this, who knows how many people it will take. People are fascinated with large engineering companies. All those engineers have to know something...

I wonder how the end user qualified them to do this investigative study?
    Unfortunately, I don't see input from end users. Silence is one of several typical responses from these people. Everybody claims that they are interested in energy savings. However, some of them refuse to accept free information others don't want to accept free energy savings... How you can be interested in something but refuse to accept that? This is just beyond my understanding.

Re: Optimization of the refrigeration plants operation

Quote Originally Posted by Segei
    How you can be interested in something but refuse to accept that?
    Energy saving projects are apparently more psychological than technically feasible. Although it might be a combination of both.

Some refuse to listen to different ideas if the concept is something they have not heard before. What's worse is when they have tried something new and it did not work. This is usually the result of someone not understanding how refrigeration systems work and balance under varying conditions.

On the other hand, a lot of people have a huge fear of the unknown. Something like this: If it is such a good idea, what are more people not doing it. Or, "I don't want to be responsible for a bad mistake.

From a money idea, you have to justify projects on ROI or payback. These are usually very short terms allowed (33-50% or 2-3 years). The other part of this is people need to look at all costs, not just equipment and first costs.

It is a complicated battle which has to be fought on multiple fronts.

On top of this, there are new experts running around selling black boxes or magical fixes who do not understand refrigeration systems. Because of this a lot of people are cynical about what is possible and what is not!
    If all else fails, ask for help.