Just have a quick test an old Panasonic
outdoor model CU-A182KR gas R-22.
The owner said the system just ran for 1 and half minute only. I asked him to tried to run the system 5 times and I touched the liquid pipe and gas pipe at the cool mode. Fan, compressor work at normal, but when the gas returned to the gas pipe and made a little thin ice cover the gas pipe, the system suddenly turned off by it self. I think with a reasonable condition the thin ice should be appeared at the liquid side instead of the gas side.
After tested 5 times,I asked him to changed to the heat mode, I just hear the little noise:"click" from one off relay,
waiting few minutes, the system can not start at the heat mode. Cameback to cool mode, it started at normal for 1 and minute again. Because I have'nt got the circuit diagram, so I just measured voltage, current, and I did not test the PSI with the gauge (just pass to the customer's house for 10 minute only in hurry), Anyone have any experience about this case? Please share to a young new air man. I was confused between electrical section and mechanic section.
If the fault from electrical section, then I should be needed circuit diagram as well.
Thanks for your time to read this case.