Hi to all of you out there chugging along in the Air conditioning and Refrigeration industry. I am about to embark on an NVQ 2 course in Air conditioning and Refrigeration. I am leaving the services in 2009 and have been employed in vehicle mechanics branch for the last 15 years. I hold a City and Guilds 2078 refrigerant handling certificate and have undergone some formal training in the subject while in the service but as it was not affiliated to an NVQ I have no formal qualifications. Hence the NVQ 2 course. My questions are as follows.
1. I am informed the 2078 cert has no end date, I was issued mine in Dec 2000. Is this correct?
2. Do you need any formal qualifications to service/re-charge vehicle air condition systems?
3. Finally i have no formal qualifications in single phase electrical systems, however I have a vast amount of experience in this field. Realistically what electrical qualifications are required to install the wiring on a new system or work on the wiring on existing systems?
Regards.

Mr G Young.
Plymouth, Devon.