Afternoon all

I've finally spent out the money for a Mitsubishi 3.5kw inverter split, I was wondering if you folks had some 'top tips' for installing the copper refrigerant lines.

To outline the plan, I'm an IT consultant, one of my customers is a refrigeration engineer, he needs his website working on, so we're exchanging some labour times between us. I'm going to undertake the hardware installation: mounting indoor unit, outdoor unit, laying in pipework. Qualified electrician is installing the spur needed for the outdoor unit.

Before you all scream the usual "get a professional in!!" - don't worry, I won't be doing the flare joints or vac'ing/gassing, the refrig engineer will do that part.

The pipework run is about 14m, up an outside wall, and inside/over the loft to the other side of the house where the room is. I don't have a pipe bending tool at the moment, although I might be able to borrow one for the job.

I've never worked with this kind of diameter pipeowork before, and I'd definitely like to avoid any ruptures!! Is it reasonably easy to work with?

Cheers!
-Dave

(PS, sorry for the essay )