Hi All
I have been looking at Frick Quantum LX compressor control panel's operation service manual. In its Capacity control Screen description, they have the following parameters:

Setpoint : 20 PSIG (just example numbers used in manual)

HIGH LOW
Proportional Band: 15 PSIG 15 PSIG
Dead Band : 0.5 PSIG 0.5 PSIG
Cycle Time : 3 SEC 3 SEC

Channel: Suction Pressure

According to the description of each field and the numbers they used, i am a little confused here. Do these numbers mean as follows:

if my sp is at 20 PSI then the dead band high would be set at 20+0.5 = 20.5 PSIG and the Proportional band high would be set at 20.5+15 = 35.5 PSIG (set above the dead band high). Also if lets say my suction pressure actual reading is 40 PSI (assume) which would be beyond my proportional band high value(35.5) , i have to energize my load solenoid all the time. Also what does that cyle time mean?

After reading the description on their service manual, i am really confused how actually loading and unloading works in their control panels. If someone can explain to me within the context of the numbers they have used in their service manual, i will really appreciate it. Here is the their service manual number S90-022 O

It didn't let me post the link to above manual, but if you google the above number, you will be able to find that manual.

Thanks in advance