Hello everybody,
I am not a refrigeration engineer but a network systems manager and i am looking for advise on air con for our server room which at the moment is at a warm 32 deg C
constant which is no good for the servers as they need a constant temp of between 18 - 22 deg C to ensure they do not overheat.I have the thermal cututs on the cpu's set to shutdown the servers when the core temp gets to 70 deg C so as not to damage them. The room itself is 3.3M square but has 8 server units plus switching gear.
I have estimated that the output for each server is approx 500watts and i estimate we would need at least a 18000 BTU split unit to give us the required cooling element. We have been given all types of prices but i would like to put it to this forum and get a realistic price for unit plus professional fitting. I would appreciate as I have been working under these conditions for the past 3 years and all SMT comes up with is a move to another part of the school which still leaves the poor servers in the heat. We are a very poor school underfunded but i would welcome anybodies recommendations.
regards
Adrian Staff aka Bossman