Hey to all of you....Just found this site and thought I would give it a try....

I have a Carrier 23XL2020EC60 FRAME 2 machine, that keeps going off on low discharge oil temp.

Arrived on jobsite to an alarm of (OILSS) oil level sensor. Oil was so low, that the level sensor wasn't made, so I added about 3 gallons to the Heater sump (probably too much....) waited till it heated up and started machine....

Oil came back eventually and I took out what I put in ...or so I thought.

Later the machine faulted on Low discharge superheat.
So I figured I still must have excess oil in the machine and shut it down....waited till the heater heated up the sump oil to boil the refrigerant off and then drained out a little more.....

Now the machine faulted on (oilSS) again.....so I added some back in......

End result is this.
1.)Startup ramps to 87%
2.)oil temp falls to 116*f
3.)Cond. Refrig. temp 93*f
4.)Discharge superheat = 23*f
5.)Oil separator is 1/3rd full
6.)Oil is leaving sump and getting lower
7.)7*f cooler aproach
8.)Evap refrig. temp= 46*f
9.Condenser refrig. temp. = 96*f
10.)Discharge superheat and oil temp always about the same.
right now is 119*f
11.)Condenser water in is 80*f
12.) Condenser water out is 88*f

Discharge superheat is not between 30 - 40*f as it should be......Will alarm if sensed after a 30 min run time (a 10 min. interval of Less than 20*f.)

After running about 20 minutes....the machine starts to ramp down....
Level comes up to completely fill the glass on the heater sump and the single glass on the oil separator will gradually fill completely also....

This happens all while discharge superheat continues to fall to about 9*f.

Unit will shut down on alarm after running for the 30 min.+ the 10 min. window because it sees less than 20*f for discharge superheat....

FROZEN ALARM SCREEN IS;
CHW in+52.8*f
CHW out+ 48.5*f
Refrig. Evap Temp.+43.5*f
CDW in=79.3*f
CDW out=84*f
Cond. Refrig. Temp=85.2*f
Oil Pressure=76 psi
Oil Temp=104.2*f(same as disch temp.
53% fla

As soon as it shuts down the heater comes on in the sump as it should...but the violent boiling off of the refrigerant in there with the oil is tremendous and the level in the sump is dropped dramatically---all the while (3 minutes) the oil separator glass is completely full and gradually falls into the oil sump----after 10 minutes I checked and saw that the refrigerant must have all been boiled off and the oil that was left (out of the refrig/oil mixture that was in the separator and the sump) to a new (oil) level of bottom of the glass in the sump. (the separator now is empty.

This scenario plays out repeatedly.
Motor winding temp = 73*f
Rotor temp is 49*f

I am pretty sure none of our guys added refrigerant to this machine in the past 2 years that I have been servicing it.
I did change the oil and oil filter last year.
The eductor driers and motor coolant line drier are factory (1996 or 1999 I think)

I do know that before I had it, someone changed the oil and filter every year.

I forgot to mention recycle start alerts but I thought that may be comming from low loads (about 15 of them in the history)

But I had none of the problems I have now last year....nothing has changed since it ran last year...
Oh ---I did punch the condenser tubes in March as part of getting ready for the season.

Any sugestions....