Hi Forum Users,

I am a engineer on a 140ft motor yacht, I am responsible for all mechanical and electricals onboard.

At the moment we are having problems with our wine fridges. We have three fridges that are not cooling down to set tempretures depending if they are for white wine, red wine and champanges etc. These have been preset on control panel. The technician has come in and recharged our refrigirant which is R-12. The fridge make is Frigomar and Italian Company. As yacht was built in Italian Yard.

I will use one fridge as an example, the fridge temp is set to 4 degrees celcius and only cools down to 19 degrees celcius.

The Compressor and Condensors are located in a floorspace in the yacht and located about 3 meters from the actuall fridges. I think the expansion valve and Evaporater are located within the wine fridge housing.

The space where the compressor and condensors are situated are extremely warm as the compressors are working full time to try and keep the fridges to preset temperatures and are still failing to do so. Tried installing a extract air fan to try cool things down.

We called a refrigeration technician in and he charged the refrigerant up with r-12.

I will post some pictures for u and see if any of you pro's can help in troubleshooting this for me.

Pics 2 follow