Hi Josip,

The way I have always considered side loads is based on screw compressors. The main suction load flows into the compressor suction flange. Any load operating at a higher pressure (greater than the main suction pressure), and connected to the side port is what I would call a side load.

I think the side loads Andy was describing are similar. If you have a high temperature load (using an evaporator pressure regulator) that is connected to a lower main suction pressure, the high temperature load could be called a side load to the main suction line.

Quote Originally Posted by Josip
We can install complete compressor or more to work at eco pressure and here we call it economizer system.
I have seen these also. If the system is large enough you can use separate compressors for the flash gas when flash tanks (flash economizers) are used.

Quote Originally Posted by Josip
There are some good ideas and designs but believe me very few....
I very much agree. I have seen some very crazy systems where someone has tried to reinvent refrigeration principles. Heat recovery for warming water is one problem that some still seem to have difficulty with.

How large are the systems you work on?