I am about to start a new project for our customer. They have changed solvents in a large vapor degreaser. This caused drastic load changes on the system and since this change was made, they have been loosing components. Valve plates and wral valves mostly.

I think this question needs some context. This is a large Barron and Blakeslee unit that is built into the floor of a very large factory. It is not getting replaced. When the solvent change was made we had slugging issues and lost a compressor. It is a 7.5 hp Copeland discuss. I was not involved with the project at the time and from what I understand the unit was converted from r22 to r407c. Well we lost another one 6 months later. This is when I got involved. The valves failed and damaged the compressor internals. A brand new comp was installed, along with a wral that I had made up, a sporran Kelvin 2 controller and valve kit. This system only did the cold trap, and the freeboard coil was ran with a 3/4 hp semi on 404. The unit ran for about a year but was running high discharge superheat and made it much longer than I thought it would. This time we lost a valve plate. New plate was installed and we made some adjustments to de superheating valve and slowed up pid curve on exv controller. It has been running good for a little over a year and then we lost hot gas valve. This was fixed and two weeks later we lossy the freeboard compressor. My thought is to run the freeboard off my main cold trap compressor and give that thing some load. What do you guys think about running a -20 evap temp freeboard coil and a 35 deg cold trap coil with r407c. I am still working out the details, but I am thinking adding eprs, along with a suction line accumulator heat exchanger at the very least. My 7.5 hp skid is water cooled and I cold add some form of external compressor cooling.