Hello,
I have a regular deep freezer (upright) that i put on a china electronic thermostat, so in case i want to, i can select this to be "fridge" mode (aka +0 +6C). I do know that it would not be ideal to let it in this condition for long, as the compressor is designed to run at sub-freezing temperatures, and it would run hotter.
Now, in the fall, i will have a hog carcass to chill down. I have seen on youtube that some people cut it up into the major pieces (6 in total) and just shove the thing into a deep freezer to CHILL. not to freeze.
The issue is, assuming 180lb of hog meat put inside a freezer at an average temp of at least 30C/85F is quite a big amount to even, CHILL. Chill is defined to have a deep temperature of around 5-6C. that is a huge drop of temp for a small 190W compressor. The freezer is rated at about 20kg/44lb of ice in 24hrs. I am not entirely sure if they mean "ice at 0F, or just water frozen at 30F.
My question is, if i were to put said pieces of meat in said fridge-set freezer, would i burn the compressor?
Thank you very much.